Stapelia for ID

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Trevor
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: None

Stapelia for ID

Post by Trevor »

Just got home from our club meeting and haven't had a chance to look around much myself yet, but I was wondering if anyone might recognise this one that I got a cutting of tonight. Flower is about 40mm across and has an almost metallic sheen to it....

Thanks in advance !
[attachment 3386 IMG_4979a.jpg]
Attachments
7Q7yUGhvdG9zaG9wIDMuMAA4QklNA+0AAAAAABAASAAAAAEAAgBIAAAAAQACOEJJTQQNAAAAAAAEAAAAeDhCSU0D8wAAAAAACAAAAAAAAAAAOEJJTQQKAAAAAAABAAA4QklNJxAAAAAAAAoAAQAAAAAAAAACOEJJTQP1AAAAAABIAC9mZgABAGxmZgAGAAAAAAABAC9mZgABAKGZmgAGAAAAAAABADIAAAA
7Q7yUGhvdG9zaG9wIDMuMAA4QklNA+0AAAAAABAASAAAAAEAAgBIAAAAAQACOEJJTQQNAAAAAAAEAAAAeDhCSU0D8wAAAAAACAAAAAAAAAAAOEJJTQQKAAAAAAABAAA4QklNJxAAAAAAAAoAAQAAAAAAAAACOEJJTQP1AAAAAABIAC9mZgABAGxmZgAGAAAAAAABAC9mZgABAKGZmgAGAAAAAAABADIAAAA (76.24 KiB) Viewed 1042 times
Trevor
With a 'Downunder' collection of Cacti and Succulents in Melbourne, Australia.
Cactus Kid
BCSS Member
Branch: HAVERING
Role within the BCSS: Branch Show

Re: Stapelia for ID

Post by Cactus Kid »

Nice! It could be a form of S. Asterias. Mine flowered quite like this and had a leathery feel to it.
Joined Havering branch 2006, although have been growing on and off since the age of ten!
Have a large balanced collection of both cacti and succulents but enjoy growing cristate, monstrose and generally anything a bit weird!
Colin Walker
Branch: None
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: Stapelia for ID

Post by Colin Walker »

Hi Trevor,

Sorry, but this beast has most likely got dodgey parentage.
Cheers,
Colin

FBCSS
FCSSA
Fellow of the Linnean Society (FLS)
Member of the IOS
Honorary Research Associate, The Open University