Forby Seedlings.

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Julie
Registered Guest
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: None
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: Forby Seedlings.

Post by Julie »

The boy is ready. You will see the yellow pollen on your brush.

The girl might be over-ready, as in past the sell by date. The bobbles are yellow on mine and brown on yours, but it could just be a variation. Still you have new ones coming. But I'd tickle those flowers and see what happens! :D
Happy carrier of Forby Disorder - an obsession with Euphorbia obesa.

NB. Anyone failing to provide a sensible name for me to address them will be called, or referred to, as Fred.
scousetigger
Registered Guest

Post by scousetigger »

I have done a little 'tickling' and put them together (the tops) but I have a feeling I may have lost the pollen as they were parcelled up (separately) and sent through the post. I only got them today so probably most of the pollen would have been shaken off...:frown2: Have to hope they were done before I got them...;)
Julie
Registered Guest
Branch: None
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by Julie »

No, the boy flowers pop up new stamens every day. Girls have three and they last as long as the whole flower cup, but the boys make and shed stamens throughout the cup life.

Look for new stamens in the morning. (tu) Little Y popped new ones overnight when he first arrived.
Happy carrier of Forby Disorder - an obsession with Euphorbia obesa.

NB. Anyone failing to provide a sensible name for me to address them will be called, or referred to, as Fred.
scousetigger
Registered Guest

Post by scousetigger »

Oooo goody.....I may be lucky then...may have to wait for the other female flowers to mature though. I'll keep an eye on the ones that are 'past their sell by date' and see if they had been fertilized.