New arrivals

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
scousetigger
Registered Guest
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa

New arrivals

Post by scousetigger »

Couple of my new additions....Astrophytum Myriostigma Columnare with baby offset which came away from parent so got its own pot...
[attachment 5000 astro.jpg]
Attachments
4RSJRXhpZgAASUkqAAgAAAALAA8BAgAJAAAAkgAAABABAgAPAAAAmwAAABIBAwABAAAAAQAAABoBBQABAAAAqgAAABsBBQABAAAAsgAAACgBAwABAAAAAgAAADEBAgAUAAAAugAAADIBAgAUAAAAzgAAABMCAwABAAAAAgAAAJiCAgAFAAAA4gAAAGmHBAABAAAA6AAAAAgDAABGVUpJRklMTQBGaW5lUGl
4RSJRXhpZgAASUkqAAgAAAALAA8BAgAJAAAAkgAAABABAgAPAAAAmwAAABIBAwABAAAAAQAAABoBBQABAAAAqgAAABsBBQABAAAAsgAAACgBAwABAAAAAgAAADEBAgAUAAAAugAAADIBAgAUAAAAzgAAABMCAwABAAAAAgAAAJiCAgAFAAAA4gAAAGmHBAABAAAA6AAAAAgDAABGVUpJRklMTQBGaW5lUGl (96.73 KiB) Viewed 2303 times
scousetigger
Registered Guest

Re: New arrivals

Post by scousetigger »

and a tall Euphorbia Symmetrica ??? Is it a monstrose form??? About 7" tall and offset about 4".
[attachment 5001 forbytall.jpg]
Attachments
4RkSRXhpZgAASUkqAAgAAAALAA8BAgAJAAAAkgAAABABAgAPAAAAmwAAABIBAwABAAAAAQAAABoBBQABAAAAqgAAABsBBQABAAAAsgAAACgBAwABAAAAAgAAADEBAgAUAAAAugAAADIBAgAUAAAAzgAAABMCAwABAAAAAgAAAJiCAgAFAAAA4gAAAGmHBAABAAAA6AAAAAgDAABGVUpJRklMTQBGaW5lUGl
4RkSRXhpZgAASUkqAAgAAAALAA8BAgAJAAAAkgAAABABAgAPAAAAmwAAABIBAwABAAAAAQAAABoBBQABAAAAqgAAABsBBQABAAAAsgAAACgBAwABAAAAAgAAADEBAgAUAAAAugAAADIBAgAUAAAAzgAAABMCAwABAAAAAgAAAJiCAgAFAAAA4gAAAGmHBAABAAAA6AAAAAgDAABGVUpJRklMTQBGaW5lUGl (94.47 KiB) Viewed 2303 times
scousetigger
Registered Guest

Post by scousetigger »

View of the top of the forby...in case anyone can tell the sex....:shrugs:
[attachment 5002 forbytall1.jpg]
Attachments
4RovRXhpZgAASUkqAAgAAAALAA8BAgAJAAAAkgAAABABAgAPAAAAmwAAABIBAwABAAAAAQAAABoBBQABAAAAqgAAABsBBQABAAAAsgAAACgBAwABAAAAAgAAADEBAgAUAAAAugAAADIBAgAUAAAAzgAAABMCAwABAAAAAgAAAJiCAgAFAAAA4gAAAGmHBAABAAAA6AAAAAgDAABGVUpJRklMTQBGaW5lUGl
4RovRXhpZgAASUkqAAgAAAALAA8BAgAJAAAAkgAAABABAgAPAAAAmwAAABIBAwABAAAAAQAAABoBBQABAAAAqgAAABsBBQABAAAAsgAAACgBAwABAAAAAgAAADEBAgAUAAAAugAAADIBAgAUAAAAzgAAABMCAwABAAAAAgAAAJiCAgAFAAAA4gAAAGmHBAABAAAA6AAAAAgDAABGVUpJRklMTQBGaW5lUGl (98.72 KiB) Viewed 2303 times
scousetigger
Registered Guest

Post by scousetigger »

It actually looks like a tall version of my other monstrose one....
[attachment 5003 Euph.flowers.jpg]
Attachments
4Rl+RXhpZgAASUkqAAgAAAALAA8BAgAJAAAAkgAAABABAgAPAAAAmwAAABIBAwABAAAAAQAAABoBBQABAAAAqgAAABsBBQABAAAAsgAAACgBAwABAAAAAgAAADEBAgAUAAAAugAAADIBAgAUAAAAzgAAABMCAwABAAAAAgAAAJiCAgAFAAAA4gAAAGmHBAABAAAA6AAAAAgDAABGVUpJRklMTQBGaW5lUGl
4Rl+RXhpZgAASUkqAAgAAAALAA8BAgAJAAAAkgAAABABAgAPAAAAmwAAABIBAwABAAAAAQAAABoBBQABAAAAqgAAABsBBQABAAAAsgAAACgBAwABAAAAAgAAADEBAgAUAAAAugAAADIBAgAUAAAAzgAAABMCAwABAAAAAgAAAJiCAgAFAAAA4gAAAGmHBAABAAAA6AAAAAgDAABGVUpJRklMTQBGaW5lUGl (88.98 KiB) Viewed 2303 times
phil
BCSS Member
Branch: HERNE BAY
Role within the BCSS: Branch Treasurer

Post by phil »

Very nice Sue(tu) Mind you I would put that little Myriostigma is a much smaller pot, to give it a better chance of surviving:cry:
Phil. (Kent, England) BCSS Herne Bay & District Branch.
Collecting Cacti-1961. Forum member-September 2004.
Favourites= Mexican miniatures.
http://www.cactusplant.co.uk
Tina
BCSS Member
Branch: NORTHAMPTON & MILTON KEYNES
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by Tina »

Hi Sue

It's not a E.Symetrica it's a E.horrida and you should complain to the ebay person that sold you it.
I had already told him it was wrongly labeled so you have been mis-sold & should claim a refund
Tina

varied collection of succulents and cacti but I especially like Euphorbia's, Ariocarpus and variegated agaves.

Bucks, UK
Branch co-ordinator, Northants & MK BCSS https://northants.bcss.org.uk
BCSS Talk team member, contact me- BCSS.Talk@Gmail.com if you want to volunteer or suggest a speaker plz.
scousetigger
Registered Guest

Post by scousetigger »

Thats ok Tina, I had a feeling it was a horrida as I have a smaller one, more green than this one.(see photo). I also have a symmetrica which is more the colour but definitely not the shape...:lolbt:
Phil I don't think I have a pot any smaller, think thats about the smallest...
Tina
BCSS Member
Branch: NORTHAMPTON & MILTON KEYNES
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by Tina »

Hi Sue
Sorry if I was a bit negative but they should be know what they are selling or have I got myself mixed up, not an ebay plant ?.
It's not a bad looking plant & you will soon have a nice clump I'm sure.

Doesn't Peyton say the red flowered type isn't Horrida it's another euphorb ??, can't remember, old timers settling in early:lolbt:
Tina

varied collection of succulents and cacti but I especially like Euphorbia's, Ariocarpus and variegated agaves.

Bucks, UK
Branch co-ordinator, Northants & MK BCSS https://northants.bcss.org.uk
BCSS Talk team member, contact me- BCSS.Talk@Gmail.com if you want to volunteer or suggest a speaker plz.
scousetigger
Registered Guest

Post by scousetigger »

Hi Tina....I did have a look at some of the sites for Euphorbias and the red flower ones, as far as I can see, are horrida polygona. I think this new one is also the same as the flowers, though tiny, appear to be red. I have sent a message to the seller telling him to get his names right, not everyone would be as accepting as I am...and I liked it whatever it was called....:D
scousetigger
Registered Guest

Post by scousetigger »

Phil, can you get smaller pots than 5.5cm? Thats the smallest I have.Could have a look and try and make one out of something small...recycling...:lolbt: