New arrivals

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Bill
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: None

Re: New arrivals

Post by Bill »

[quote=Tina]It's not a E.Symetrica it's a E.horrida and you should complain to the ebay person that sold you it.
I had already told him it was wrongly labeled so you have been mis-sold & should claim a refund[/quote]

That really annoys me people who have the wrong name on things and when you point it out they ignore you.

Mainly Haworthia and Gasteria, a few other South African succulents and the odd spiky thing.
iann
BCSS Member
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by iann »

Certainly you can get 5cm pots, square or round, although many garden centres don't bother to stock them. They are perfect for starting seeds and even for growing on many seedlings. I also have a few even smaller than that, but really you don't need a lot of one inch round pots!
Cheshire, UK
scousetigger
Registered Guest

Post by scousetigger »

I have done some recycling.....Thats about 1"....
[attachment 5013 pot.jpg]
Attachments
4RQlRXhpZgAATU0AKgAAAAgABwESAAMAAAABAAEAAAEaAAUAAAABAAAAYgEbAAUAAAABAAAAagEoAAMAAAABAAIAAAExAAIAAAAUAAAAcgEyAAIAAAAUAAAAhodpAAQAAAABAAAAnAAAAMgAAABIAAAAAQAAAEgAAAABQWRvYmUgUGhvdG9zaG9wIDcuMAAyMDA3OjA2OjI3IDE5OjM1OjM5AAAAAAOgAQA
4RQlRXhpZgAATU0AKgAAAAgABwESAAMAAAABAAEAAAEaAAUAAAABAAAAYgEbAAUAAAABAAAAagEoAAMAAAABAAIAAAExAAIAAAAUAAAAcgEyAAIAAAAUAAAAhodpAAQAAAABAAAAnAAAAMgAAABIAAAAAQAAAEgAAAABQWRvYmUgUGhvdG9zaG9wIDcuMAAyMDA3OjA2OjI3IDE5OjM1OjM5AAAAAAOgAQA (72.69 KiB) Viewed 1800 times
scousetigger
Registered Guest

Post by scousetigger »

Bill I also sent him a mail to say that he had it named wrong (after getting it) and notice he has another for sale, very similar and with the same title as was on mine. He still hasn't changed that one.
Diane
BCSS Member
Branch: None

Post by Diane »

Why should he? He's selling loads of plants and just calling them "A very big cactus" - anyway people seem to be buying them. Wonder where they are all coming from? Surely not his collection? Anyone know who he is?

Cheers,

Diane
Diane - member of Kingston branch

Growing cacti - balm to the soul!
scousetigger
Registered Guest

Post by scousetigger »

Could be his Diane, or he bought a job lot somewhere. Don't know who he is. Still at least mine was in good condition and no nasties on it or its roots. (:D
Geoff Lovell
BCSS Member
Branch: CROYDON

Post by Geoff Lovell »

I agree Diane, this person is beginning to irritate me, they cannot be bothered to attempt a name, they also state will have flowers, will have offsets to everything they sell or never seen on ebay before.
Founder member BCSS # 32426,
Growing Cacti and Succulents for over 40 years,
mixed collection but prefer succulents particularly caudiciforms.
iann
BCSS Member

Post by iann »

I've seen some of those "large pot of flowering Lithops" auctions. No name, poor photo, so-so looking plants, hard for even an expert to know what they are. Definitely would be a bit of a gamble, but then some people like to gamble :)
Cheshire, UK
Phil_SK
Role within the BCSS: Forum Moderator

Post by Phil_SK »

I one bought some cacti in 1.5" pots (they were proper BEF ones too, round) - they were too small - things dried out so quickly.
Phil Crewe, BCSS 38143. Mostly S. American cacti, esp. Lobivia, Sulcorebutia and little Opuntia
JazzFool
Registered Guest

Post by JazzFool »

I bought one off him (MBK47 or some other such monicker) some months ago. The cactus was much smaller than the dimensions given in the ebay advert, though that is no longer a relevance as they are all now described as 'a very big cactus' Additionally, I was underwhelmed by the quality of the plant. Didn't appear to have been cared for well. Now being treated as a rescue job. My advice would be to avoid this ebay seller.
Paul
Languishing in north London but dying to move to a more rural location
Harrow Branch Member
Copiapoas, Ferocacti, Neoporterias, Tephrocacti & John Coltrane (not a cactus) all hit the spot