Agave happenings

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Colin Walker
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: None
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: Agave happenings

Post by Colin Walker »

Hi Geoff,

I could live with old socks.

Bet the bats would love this.:lolbt:
Cheers,
Colin

FBCSS
FCSSA
Fellow of the Linnean Society (FLS)
Member of the IOS
Honorary Research Associate, The Open University
Julie
Registered Guest
Branch: None
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by Julie »

I'm amazed from looking through the pics, that the flower spikes are so huge compared to the plant size.

Colin, I'll put you down for a forby then :) mine have a nice socky smell which fortunately is not so bad now I have an ioniser. (tu) I used to walk into the room and think... eew.. it smells like a teenager's room. :lolbt:
Happy carrier of Forby Disorder - an obsession with Euphorbia obesa.

NB. Anyone failing to provide a sensible name for me to address them will be called, or referred to, as Fred.
Vic
Registered Guest
Branch: BRADFORD
Role within the BCSS: Seed Purchaser

Post by Vic »

Buds are getting bigger but that's about as exciting as it gets - developments are slow to say the least:

[attachment 6010 IMG_2342.JPG]
Attachments
8QAGwAAAgMBAQEAAAA
8QAGwAAAgMBAQEAAAA (77.01 KiB) Viewed 590 times
Agavegeoff
BCSS Member
Branch: GLOUCESTER
Role within the BCSS: Branch Secretary

Post by Agavegeoff »

Hi, All.
Yes all very slow, now there is a bit warmth and sunshine perhaps the flowers will open.
This my A.palmeri. It was moved outside before the rains came. Needs sun really.
[attachment 6029 P1010174.JPG]
Attachments
+EvsEV4aWYAAElJKgAIAAAAFgAPAQIACgAAABYBAAAQAQIACQAAACABAAASAQMAAQAAAAAA4akaAQUAAQAAACoBAAAbAQUAAQAAADIBAAAoAQMAAQAAAAIAyzkxAQIACwAAADoBAAAyAQIAFAAAAEYBAAATAgMAAQAAAAI
+EvsEV4aWYAAElJKgAIAAAAFgAPAQIACgAAABYBAAAQAQIACQAAACABAAASAQMAAQAAAAAA4akaAQUAAQAAACoBAAAbAQUAAQAAADIBAAAoAQMAAQAAAAIAyzkxAQIACwAAADoBAAAyAQIAFAAAAEYBAAATAgMAAQAAAAI (38.14 KiB) Viewed 590 times
Cheers Agavegeoff.

Long time Gloucester and District Branch member. NCCPG Agave collection holder.