Mesemb seedlings

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
iann
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: Mesemb seedlings

Post by iann »

Bang, they're out! They sure respond fast when they're ready. Ready was several weeks ago for some species here, and of course its been warm and sunny ever since :curses:
Cheshire, UK
Tom J
Registered Guest

Post by Tom J »

I know, I could have watered them first of july already, because of the hot April and autumn July, but I was reluctant to initiate growth that early.
Of course the least drip of water makes them explode...

Tom
Growing Mesembs, a way of life...
Diane
BCSS Member
Branch: None
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by Diane »

Well, Tom, I did start watering mine some weeks ago. They've been under the bench until now, to shade from the non-existent sun, lol! All coming through, and C. pellucidum from Tweefontein is one of my favourites! I've sown lots of seed from this location over the years, and have had the full range of colours - they glow so much when just hatched!

Regards,
Diane - member of Kingston branch

Growing cacti - balm to the soul!