obviously a carion flower

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
saxocactus
Registered Guest
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa

obviously a carion flower

Post by saxocactus »

but I didn't expect it. Pale green structures with slightly serraqted edges on 4 angles. Plant about 10cms across and 6 high. flowere is about 4 cms across, flat, deep maroon and yellow, 5 petals and a central circular feature with the same colouration as the outer petals. Stinks of rotting something or other but looks wonderful. Any ideas? I had no idea it was a carion plant - I bought it as an attractive looking succulent.
Not quite so new to cacti now - greenhouse up and running - a cactoholic is born!! Visits welcome - just get in touch.
David_K
Branch: NORTHAMPTON & MILTON KEYNES
Role within the BCSS: Secretary

Re: obviously a carion flower

Post by David_K »

Flower description is obviously a Stapeliad of some sort, probably an Orbea. Can you get a pic for us to look at as there are so many.
David Kirkbright
Society Treasurer & Trustee,
Northants and MK Branch
Long time grower (not always well) of almost anything.
Visitors welcome but check first.