Titanopsis seedling care - advice please

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Karen-L
Registered Guest
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa

Titanopsis seedling care - advice please

Post by Karen-L »

this titanopsis (one of at least two) grew from a packet of random cacti and succulents. so far it seems to be happy, although i had to transplant it when it just had the seed leaves, as is was being eaten alive by tiny black mites. i have been giving it 'default succulent' treatment, i was wondering how to treat it as it gets bigger/older, as i gave two lithops i had 'default succulent' treatment and they died after a couple of years.

are titanopsis finniky like lithops or more like cast iron money plants (crassulas)?

[attachment 6045 titan.jpg]
Attachments
2wCEAAgGBgYGBggGBggMCAcIDA4LCAgLDhANDQ4NDRARDA4ODg4MERATFBUUExAZGRsbGRklJCQkJSkpKSkpKSkpKSkBCQgICQoJCwoKCw4MDgwOEg4ODg4SFA4ODw4OFBoSEBAQEBIaFxgVFRUYFxwcGhocHCM
2wCEAAgGBgYGBggGBggMCAcIDA4LCAgLDhANDQ4NDRARDA4ODg4MERATFBUUExAZGRsbGRklJCQkJSkpKSkpKSkpKSkBCQgICQoJCwoKCw4MDgwOEg4ODg4SFA4ODw4OFBoSEBAQEBIaFxgVFRUYFxwcGhocHCM (89.74 KiB) Viewed 639 times
Joined BCSS Southport Branch January 2008
iann
BCSS Member
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: Titanopsis seedling care - advice please

Post by iann »

Nice. A Titanopsis calcarea of some kind, I'm guessing. I grow these in full sun, with regular water when they are small but much less when they get bigger. Yours is still at the regular water stage.
Cheshire, UK