Nurseries  Solved

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Delly
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa

Nurseries

Post by Delly »

Hi could any please help me out. I am looking for a good nursery around or the nearest to South Wales.

I have searched high and low but i am struggling to find one

Thanks again Jason
phil
BCSS Member
Branch: HERNE BAY
Role within the BCSS: Branch Treasurer

Re: Nurseries

Post by phil »

Try here Jason.
Nurseries
Phil. (Kent, England) BCSS Herne Bay & District Branch.
Collecting Cacti-1961. Forum member-September 2004.
Favourites= Mexican miniatures.
http://www.cactusplant.co.uk
Delly

Post by Delly »

Thanks thats great
Phil Hocking
BCSS Member
Branch: SOMERSET
Role within the BCSS: Branch Show

Re: Nurseries  Solved

Post by Phil Hocking »

Ralph Martin is in South wales and has lots of Rebutias, which are usually easy and flower beautifully. I don't know if you can visit but have a look at his website

Somerset Phil
Member of Somerset branch. I have a diverse mixture of small cacti plus a few larger survivors from a previous collection. I also like Stapeliads, Titanopsis, Anacampseros, and various other succulents. Now proud owner of many self-raised seedlings.
Patrick
BCSS Member
Branch: SOMERSET

Post by Patrick »

I got all my first plants from Alan Phipps (number 2 on that list) not exactly a nursery but a garden with a few green houses and a lot of plants. Also all the time in the world to rummage, at your leisure, on your own. I was very pleased with what I got there. Need to call to make an appointment.
Patrick. Small varied collection of North American, Mexican and Andean Cacti. Variegated Agaves and Echeveria. Developing a succulent garden in Portugal. Joined Somerset BCSS and forum in 2007.
Delly

Post by Delly »

Great thanks guys i will give them both a try
Julie
Registered Guest
Branch: None
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by Julie »

There are some good sellers on Ebay, and some... er... you might want to avoid.

"plantlifecactus" is apparently a reputable one. I bet others can recommend more.
Happy carrier of Forby Disorder - an obsession with Euphorbia obesa.

NB. Anyone failing to provide a sensible name for me to address them will be called, or referred to, as Fred.
Stuart Estell
BCSS Member
Branch: BRADFORD
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by Stuart Estell »

I'd echo that - the quality of Plantlife's plants in my experience is excellent. I've had many plants from them over the years, and not just from eBay.