Echinocereus knippelianus

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Phil Hocking
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: SOMERSET
Role within the BCSS: Branch Show

Post by Phil Hocking »

My Echinocereus knippelianus is still quite small and the flowers easily overwhelm it
Phil Hocking
Member of Somerset branch. I have a diverse mixture of small cacti plus a few larger survivors from a previous collection. I also like Stapeliads, Titanopsis, Anacampseros, and various other succulents. Now proud owner of many self-raised seedlings.
Mike
BCSS Member
Branch: WILTSHIRE
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: Echinocereus knippelianus

Post by Mike »

Such enthusiasm from one so small! Beautiful flowers, and very pale. My plant of this species has darker blooms, generally from low down.
Mike
Based in Wiltshire and growing a mix of cacti and succulents.
rodsmith
BCSS Member
Branch: STOKE-ON-TRENT

Post by rodsmith »

My small specimen has just provided me with 5 blooms. This species seems to be particularly free flowering.
Rod Smith

Growing a mixed collection of cacti & other succulents; mainly smaller species with a current emphasis on lithops & conophytum.
RAYWOODBRIDGE
BCSS Member
Branch: None
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by RAYWOODBRIDGE »

Hi Phil ; nice plant and flowers, mine have only just reappeared from below the gravel. ( They disappear down into the compost each winter, I must keep them a bit too dry )

Ray
Ray

BCSS member 50155
DKG member 311605
Echinocereenfreund member 100

Cactus only collection mainly from seed.
rodsmith
BCSS Member

Post by rodsmith »

RAYWOODBRIDGE wrote:mine have only just reappeared from below the gravel. ( They disappear down into the compost each winter, I must keep them a bit too dry )

Ray
I thought mine had died last December as it shrunk considerably and went soft. Fortunately I read somewhere that they do this when dry in the winter, so I left it and it is plumper than ever and flowering.
Rod Smith

Growing a mixed collection of cacti & other succulents; mainly smaller species with a current emphasis on lithops & conophytum.
Phil Hocking
BCSS Member
Branch: SOMERSET
Role within the BCSS: Branch Show

Post by Phil Hocking »

The same happened with mine and I was sure it was a gonner but as I tend to water dead plants for some considerable time I was proved wrong. I mentioned it on the forum a year or two ago and that might be where you read it.

Somerset Phil
Member of Somerset branch. I have a diverse mixture of small cacti plus a few larger survivors from a previous collection. I also like Stapeliads, Titanopsis, Anacampseros, and various other succulents. Now proud owner of many self-raised seedlings.
rodsmith
BCSS Member

Post by rodsmith »

Phil Hocking wrote:I mentioned it on the forum a year or two ago and that might be where you read it.

Somerset Phil
I think You're right, Phil. If so, thanks, as I had put mine in the "dead plant" bowl!
Rod Smith