Peter in Whitchurch

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
orod
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: BERKHAMSTED & District

Re: Peter in Whitchurch

Post by orod »

Peter wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:56 am Thanks Matt. Very clever of you to avoid getting me on that picture. It really would have deterred people from visiting. But it was great that you and Peter came. A good time was had by all!
Hi peter i am puting a collection toghter for chelsea flower show for parkinson socity.i still need to urches few good plants, I ould have love to come and see your collection,but unfortunatly I cant travel far since i am disabled.but iwould be honured to purches fw if thats ok, and if they can be posted.regards o ohanians.07887853090 oohanians@yahoo.co.uk
BrianMc
BCSS Member
Branch: None
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by BrianMc »

Although I don't have the room for any of those beautiful specimen plants in Peter's collection I have been able to make the space for a couple of very well grown, smaller, choice plants. I'm extremely pleased with my new acquisitions and can, like Peter's other visitors, highly recommend that others take this opportunity to buy some quality plants.
Thanks again Peter and good luck with the sale.
Especially interested in Mesembs. small Aloes and South African miniatures and bulbs.
Keen propagator and compulsive 'tickler'!
Instagram #myscottishgreenhouse
david_phil
BCSS Member
Branch: WILTSHIRE
Role within the BCSS: Chairman - Research

Post by david_phil »

Hi, I would be interested in a Copiapoa cinerea columna-alba of any size? That is one Copiapoa I have been trying to get for my collection.
Dave Richards

Melksham, Wilts.
gramps
BCSS Member
Branch: SOUTH WALES
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by gramps »

Is the plant with the pink flower a Gymno please ? .. If you have data for it I am interested .. Thanks
Peter
BCSS Member

Post by Peter »

david_phil wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 4:29 pm Hi, I would be interested in a Copiapoa cinerea columna-alba of any size? That is one Copiapoa I have been trying to get for my collection.

Hi,

Just one left. Although it's a small plant, you will see that it is not a standard home grown specimen. It's rather special. Please PM me if you are interested.

Still lots of cinereas left. I've got them coming out of my ears - all sizes!
IMG_0030.JPG
david_phil
BCSS Member
Branch: WILTSHIRE
Role within the BCSS: Chairman - Research

Post by david_phil »

Hi, seems to be difficult to contact you any other way bar this one.
I am really interested in it. Can you e-mail me at david_phil@outlook.com the price of it etc. for me, please?
Thanks
Dave Richards

Melksham, Wilts.
Peter
BCSS Member

Post by Peter »

gramps wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 5:54 pm Is the plant with the pink flower a Gymno please ? .. If you have data for it I am interested .. Thanks
Hello, yes, it's a Gymno, but I can't be of much help as to what type, I'm afraid. There's been a lot of moving around gone on in the greenhouse and I am unable to identify which it is.
Ian Thwaites
BCSS Member
Branch: SPALDING
Role within the BCSS: Fellows

Post by Ian Thwaites »

I visited Tina and Peter today and had a lovely time. I came away with a few treasures for my glasshouse but had to leave plenty more behind. Wow what a lovely collection

What a lovely day looking around a stunning collection and a great cup of tea when I arrived.

Thanks Peter, lovely to meet you and look forward to catching up at the National next year.
Ian Thwaites
MattGibbs
BCSS Member
Branch: BRIDLINGTON
Role within the BCSS: Branch Show

Post by MattGibbs »

Thank you Peter for your kindness on our repeat visit and for keeping the euphorbia for me, arrived back safe with a few othe gems.
It was a fair drive back up to Harrogate in the awful traffic and drizzle but well worth the day overall !
Still plenty of really lovely and impressive big plants for vistors to consider 👍
Bradford Branch Show Secretary
BCSS Zone 3 Secretary
Peter
BCSS Member

Post by Peter »

This is today's view of the contents of my greenhouse after 6 weeks or so of active and hectic selling. This with a view to emptying the place. Many hundreds of plants, possibly a thousand, have found new homes, mainly to visitors - such nice folk - some to Ebay purchasers and quite a few at the recent and splendid Manchester Mesemb show.

The greenhouse looks still to be full but there are gaps that weren't there before and no plants stacked on top of each other! A lesson perhaps, to stop collecting when you really know that you should. However, if you haven't yet reached that stage. the following are available!
IMG_0009.JPG
IMG_0009.JPG (178.26 KiB) Viewed 2868 times
IMG_0010.JPG
IMG_0010.JPG (182.76 KiB) Viewed 2868 times
IMG_0013.JPG
IMG_0013.JPG (178.03 KiB) Viewed 2868 times
IMG_0014.JPG
IMG_0014.JPG (184.39 KiB) Viewed 2868 times
IMG_0015.JPG
IMG_0015.JPG (178.48 KiB) Viewed 2868 times