Copiapoathon 2007 - NOW WITH PICS ! COMPLETE !

Habitat, nursery/collection and show tours.
Trevor
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: None

Re: Copiapoathon 2007 - NOW WITH PICS ! :-)

Post by Trevor »

And another...
[attachment 8734 IMG_3116.JPG]
Attachments
4SHrRXhpZgAASUkqAAgAAAAQAA8BAgAGAAAAzgAAABABAgAWAAAA1AAAABIBAwABAAAAAQAAABoBBQABAAAA6gAAABsBBQABAAAA8gAAACgBAwABAAAAAgBqQDIBAgAUAAAA+gAAABMCAwABAAAAAQAAAAEQAwABAAAAkAkAAAIQAwABAAAAwAwAAGmHBAABAAAAFgEAAAGkAwABAAAAAAAAAAKkAwABAAA
4SHrRXhpZgAASUkqAAgAAAAQAA8BAgAGAAAAzgAAABABAgAWAAAA1AAAABIBAwABAAAAAQAAABoBBQABAAAA6gAAABsBBQABAAAA8gAAACgBAwABAAAAAgBqQDIBAgAUAAAA+gAAABMCAwABAAAAAQAAAAEQAwABAAAAkAkAAAIQAwABAAAAwAwAAGmHBAABAAAAFgEAAAGkAwABAAAAAAAAAAKkAwABAAA (55.35 KiB) Viewed 1542 times
Trevor
With a 'Downunder' collection of Cacti and Succulents in Melbourne, Australia.
Trevor
BCSS Member

Post by Trevor »

Looking out over the rocks you can see my fellow Copiapoathoners looking amongst the rocks...
[attachment 8735 IMG_3130.JPG]
Attachments
4RseRXhpZgAASUkqAAgAAAAQAA8BAgAGAAAAzgAAABABAgAWAAAA1AAAABIBAwABAAAAAQAAABoBBQABAAAA6gAAABsBBQABAAAA8gAAACgBAwABAAAAAgBqQDIBAgAUAAAA+gAAABMCAwABAAAAAQAAAAEQAwABAAAAkAkAAAIQAwABAAAAwAwAAGmHBAABAAAAFgEAAAGkAwABAAAAAAAAAAKkAwABAAA
4RseRXhpZgAASUkqAAgAAAAQAA8BAgAGAAAAzgAAABABAgAWAAAA1AAAABIBAwABAAAAAQAAABoBBQABAAAA6gAAABsBBQABAAAA8gAAACgBAwABAAAAAgBqQDIBAgAUAAAA+gAAABMCAwABAAAAAQAAAAEQAwABAAAAkAkAAAIQAwABAAAAwAwAAGmHBAABAAAAFgEAAAGkAwABAAAAAAAAAAKkAwABAAA (51.54 KiB) Viewed 1542 times
Trevor
Trevor
BCSS Member

Post by Trevor »

....where you find the spectacular Erisyce chilensis var albidiflora .
[attachment 8736 IMG_3108.JPG]
Attachments
4SMkRXhpZgAASUkqAAgAAAAQAA8BAgAGAAAAzgAAABABAgAWAAAA1AAAABIBAwABAAAAAQAAABoBBQABAAAA6gAAABsBBQABAAAA8gAAACgBAwABAAAAAgBqQDIBAgAUAAAA+gAAABMCAwABAAAAAQAAAAEQAwABAAAAkAkAAAIQAwABAAAAwAwAAGmHBAABAAAAFgEAAAGkAwABAAAAAAAAAAKkAwABAAA
4SMkRXhpZgAASUkqAAgAAAAQAA8BAgAGAAAAzgAAABABAgAWAAAA1AAAABIBAwABAAAAAQAAABoBBQABAAAA6gAAABsBBQABAAAA8gAAACgBAwABAAAAAgBqQDIBAgAUAAAA+gAAABMCAwABAAAAAQAAAAEQAwABAAAAkAkAAAIQAwABAAAAwAwAAGmHBAABAAAAFgEAAAGkAwABAAAAAAAAAAKkAwABAAA (59.33 KiB) Viewed 1542 times
Trevor
Trevor
BCSS Member

Post by Trevor »

And another....
[attachment 8737 IMG_3106.JPG]
Attachments
4RseRXhpZgAASUkqAAgAAAAQAA8BAgAGAAAAzgAAABABAgAWAAAA1AAAABIBAwABAAAAAQAAABoBBQABAAAA6gAAABsBBQABAAAA8gAAACgBAwABAAAAAgBxQDIBAgAUAAAA+gAAABMCAwABAAAAAQAAAAEQAwABAAAAwAwAAAIQAwABAAAAkAkAAGmHBAABAAAAFgEAAAGkAwABAAAAAAAAAAKkAwABAAA
4RseRXhpZgAASUkqAAgAAAAQAA8BAgAGAAAAzgAAABABAgAWAAAA1AAAABIBAwABAAAAAQAAABoBBQABAAAA6gAAABsBBQABAAAA8gAAACgBAwABAAAAAgBxQDIBAgAUAAAA+gAAABMCAwABAAAAAQAAAAEQAwABAAAAwAwAAAIQAwABAAAAkAkAAGmHBAABAAAAFgEAAAGkAwABAAAAAAAAAAKkAwABAAA (58.75 KiB) Viewed 1542 times
Trevor
Trevor
BCSS Member

Post by Trevor »

A married couple perhaps ?
[attachment 8738 IMG_3110.JPG]
Attachments
4RSaRXhpZgAASUkqAAgAAAAEABoBBQABAAAAPgAAABsBBQABAAAARgAAACgBAwABAAAAAgAAAGmHBAABAAAATgAAAIYAAAAAALQAAAABAAAAtAAAAAEAAQCGkgIAJQAAAGAAAAAAAAAARmlsZSB3cml0dGVuIGJ5IEFkb2JlIFBob3Rvc2hvcKggNS4wAP8DAAMBAwABAAAABgBlbgECBAABAAAAsAAAAAI
4RSaRXhpZgAASUkqAAgAAAAEABoBBQABAAAAPgAAABsBBQABAAAARgAAACgBAwABAAAAAgAAAGmHBAABAAAATgAAAIYAAAAAALQAAAABAAAAtAAAAAEAAQCGkgIAJQAAAGAAAAAAAAAARmlsZSB3cml0dGVuIGJ5IEFkb2JlIFBob3Rvc2hvcKggNS4wAP8DAAMBAwABAAAABgBlbgECBAABAAAAsAAAAAI (88.22 KiB) Viewed 1542 times
Trevor
Trevor
BCSS Member

Post by Trevor »

And the kids...lots of youngsters ...
[attachment 8739 IMG_3100.JPG]
Attachments
4RSMRXhpZgAASUkqAAgAAAAEABoBBQABAAAAPgAAABsBBQABAAAARgAAACgBAwABAAAAAgAAAGmHBAABAAAATgAAAIYAAAAAALQAAAABAAAAtAAAAAEAAQCGkgIAJQAAAGAAAAAAAAAARmlsZSB3cml0dGVuIGJ5IEFkb2JlIFBob3Rvc2hvcKggNS4wAAADAAMBAwABAAAABgBlbgECBAABAAAAsAAAAAI
4RSMRXhpZgAASUkqAAgAAAAEABoBBQABAAAAPgAAABsBBQABAAAARgAAACgBAwABAAAAAgAAAGmHBAABAAAATgAAAIYAAAAAALQAAAABAAAAtAAAAAEAAQCGkgIAJQAAAGAAAAAAAAAARmlsZSB3cml0dGVuIGJ5IEFkb2JlIFBob3Rvc2hvcKggNS4wAAADAAMBAwABAAAABgBlbgECBAABAAAAsAAAAAI (85.84 KiB) Viewed 1542 times
Trevor
Trevor
BCSS Member

Post by Trevor »

And that pretty much brings me to the end of "my" Copiapoathon 2007. We then made our way to Flo's place where we stayed the night...The next day people would be ferried to the airport to catch their varying flights home.
I hope this thread has given everyone a bit of a taste of what doing a trip like this is like. It really would only be a small taste as it's difficult to really relay what doing something like this like. It's more than just seeing plants, it's the people you travel with, and the country you're in that make it such a fantastic experience. Chile was a wonderful place and I really hope to get back there some day. My advice to all would be to jump at any opportunity to do something like this. I've traveled on my own before, but being in a group of people that share the same passion makes it so much better. You'll learn plenty and come away with new friends and new ideas on the plants that we all love so much.
Thanks to all that made it so good !
[attachment 8740 IMG_3124.JPG]
Attachments
4RVlRXhpZgAASUkqAAgAAAAQAA8BAgAGAAAAzgAAABABAgAWAAAA1AAAABIBAwABAAAAAQAAABoBBQABAAAA6gAAABsBBQABAAAA8gAAACgBAwABAAAAAgBxQDIBAgAUAAAA+gAAABMCAwABAAAAAQAAAAEQAwABAAAAwAwAAAIQAwABAAAAkAkAAGmHBAABAAAAFgEAAAGkAwABAAAAAAAAAAKkAwABAAA
4RVlRXhpZgAASUkqAAgAAAAQAA8BAgAGAAAAzgAAABABAgAWAAAA1AAAABIBAwABAAAAAQAAABoBBQABAAAA6gAAABsBBQABAAAA8gAAACgBAwABAAAAAgBxQDIBAgAUAAAA+gAAABMCAwABAAAAAQAAAAEQAwABAAAAwAwAAAIQAwABAAAAkAkAAGmHBAABAAAAFgEAAAGkAwABAAAAAAAAAAKkAwABAAA (49.84 KiB) Viewed 1542 times
Trevor
Maria J
BCSS Member
Branch: SHREWSBURY
Role within the BCSS: Fellows

Post by Maria J »

Wow I wonder how long its roots are!! ::o
Maria
Shrewsbury Branch - Shropshire UK
Joined BCSS April 06 (# 48776)

Tending more towards cacti :D, particularly Gymnocalyciums, Rebutias, Sulcorebutias, Echinopses, Thelos, Feros and Mamms (and anything else I like the look of!) all in an 8 x 6 polycarb greenhouse and a few windowsills!
Bill

Re: Copiapoathon 2007 - NOW WITH PICS ! COMPLETE !

Post by Bill »

I think I speak for most of us Trevor when I say
[size=x-large]THANK YOU[/size]
For a wonderful travelogue.

Mainly Haworthia and Gasteria, a few other South African succulents and the odd spiky thing.
Maria J
BCSS Member
Branch: SHREWSBURY
Role within the BCSS: Fellows

Re: Copiapoathon 2007 - NOW WITH PICS ! COMPLETE !

Post by Maria J »

Absolutely STONKING!!! Thank you Trevor!!
I especially love the Eriosyce curvispina ssp mutabilis and Eriosyce chilensis var albidiflora in this last instalment of pics!

You have conveyed the plants, the scenery, the wildlife, the architecture... well, just about everything extremely well imo!! (tu)
Maria
Shrewsbury Branch - Shropshire UK
Joined BCSS April 06 (# 48776)

Tending more towards cacti :D, particularly Gymnocalyciums, Rebutias, Sulcorebutias, Echinopses, Thelos, Feros and Mamms (and anything else I like the look of!) all in an 8 x 6 polycarb greenhouse and a few windowsills!