Pereskia Bleo

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
kaowinston
Registered Guest
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa

Pereskia Bleo

Post by kaowinston »

Just a few photos of my favourite succulent in Trinidad, during the Christmas holidays.
tt 242vx.jpg
tt 238vx.jpg
tt 239vx.jpg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYwAqEcAHfA
Herts Mike
BCSS Member
Branch: LEA VALLEY

Re: Pereskia Bleo

Post by Herts Mike »

Trinidad at this moment in time seems rather attractive........
kaowinston
Registered Guest

Post by kaowinston »

Herts Mike wrote:Trinidad at this moment in time seems rather attractive........

Hey Mike

It sure does! How I wish I was still there.
RICHAUD
BCSS Member
Branch: None

Post by RICHAUD »

Hi kaowinston
Nice specy and a floriferous one
But difficult to cultivate in our areas
I tried 3 times to cultivate this specy :no problem in summer with many flowers even on little cuttings (25cm ) but 14-15° seem to be the minimum temperature to have a beautiful plant (td)
kaowinston
Registered Guest

Post by kaowinston »

RICHAUD wrote:Hi kaowinston
Nice specy and a floriferous one
But difficult to cultivate in our areas
I tried 3 times to cultivate this specy :no problem in summer with many flowers even on little cuttings (25cm ) but 14-15° seem to be the minimum temperature to have a beautiful plant (td)
Richaud

You are quite right. Very easy to grow and flower when the weather is warm. But by the end of September, they definitely need a warmer spot. I usually bring mine indoors, and still they struggle through the winter. Here are two photos of my home grown plants.
IMG_2730x.jpg
IMG_2726x.jpg
jadegarden
BCSS Member

Post by jadegarden »

Mine is many feet tall and out of control! Must be one of those "take what you have for granted" things, because I do love the blooms but the plant itself can easily be considered a nuisance here in the tropics. I don't think I even have one in a pot.
JaMaDa 876: growing an assortment of pokey plants in Kingston, Jamaica
RICHAUD
BCSS Member

Post by RICHAUD »

Hi jadegarden
You have to cut it severely and you'll have more flowers as they are on the new shots :wink:
jadegarden
BCSS Member

Post by jadegarden »

I am TIRED of cutting back - as though as fast as I cut it grows. And if I allow it, it gets too thick into the walkway and it is a HAZARD - those spines are so wicked. So it continues to bloom, but up high on the tall ones that I all ow to remain.
JaMaDa 876: growing an assortment of pokey plants in Kingston, Jamaica
kaowinston
Registered Guest

Post by kaowinston »

jadegarden wrote:I am TIRED of cutting back - as though as fast as I cut it grows. And if I allow it, it gets too thick into the walkway and it is a HAZARD - those spines are so wicked. So it continues to bloom, but up high on the tall ones that I all ow to remain.
Hello

Consider yourself blessed. I wish my baby ones could grow like the ones I see in the Caribbean.
RICHAUD
BCSS Member

Post by RICHAUD »

One question about this specy :do you have sometimes fruits ? Seeds ?

Regards
Philippe Richaud
Le Cannet France