south Norfolk show

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Hob
Registered Guest
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: SOUTH NORFOLK

south Norfolk show

Post by Hob »

the south Norfolk branch has kindly adopted me, although i live too far away to attend branch meetings, i can still take part in their annual show which was today,so now i proudly present images of the South Norfolk show.

photobucket, South Norfolk Show

good to see Len Bell, Bruce, Ray-in Norfolk and Ray M there and congratulations to Ray M for best succulent :mex:

[attachment 20024 P1130538.JPG]
Attachments
P1130538.JPG
P1130538.JPG (58.58 KiB) Viewed 1885 times
hob BCSS 49009 member of the south Norfolk branch
suffolk england
Alec N
Registered Guest
Branch: NORWICH

Re: south Norfolk show

Post by Alec N »

Hi All.
We were there as well and copied down quite a few cactus names from the show bench, the Mammillarias were nice so much better than our own plants, won a cat address book from the raffle, (all we need now is a cat !) and bought several small plants from the stall there sorry I did not get their names, but very friendly and helped copy down some of the names, we were impressed with Thetford garden centre as well, good coffee shop and plenty to see we will definately go again, fantastic plants on the show bench most of which we had not heard of.
Alec N

Norfolk
Small general collection of cacti.
BCSS 49657
Ray_M
BCSS Member
Role within the BCSS: Publications Manager

Post by Ray_M »

Thanks for that Hob,I must admit it was a surprise when my name was called out.That fockea edulis won a first at Kings Lynn a couple of weeks ago and I vowed not to take it anywhere again as its so heavy,but i'm glad I was persuaded to show it now.Good to see all the other forumites too,including Robert P.Sorry I missed you Alec,you should have asked if any forum members were about.Hopefully we will see you another day.Cheers all,Ray.
Ray Mitchell,member of South Norfolk group.living on Suffolk/Norfolk border,near Diss.Keen on all cacti and succulents,alpines and other plants.BCSS member since 07.Visitors welcome,PM first please.
Ray_in_Norfolk
BCSS Member
Branch: None

Post by Ray_in_Norfolk »

Super pics Hob as always, good to see you again!
Sorry I didn't meet Len and Alec - perhaps next time.
I entered 15 classes and won 3 firsts, 3 seconds, and 5 thirds, which I was very very pleased with as it is only my second show :ban:
Ray
Norfolk, UK

Growing cacti for over 50 years currently have mixed collection of about 600
Favourites: Echinopsis group (no hybrids!), Ferocactus, Gymnocalycium, Rebutia.....
Robert P
BCSS Member
Branch: CHELMSFORD
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by Robert P »

Great pics Hob, slight error on my part pics wise, managed to take mine with the ISO on 1600!:rofl:

Nice to see you and Ray M at the show, well done to everyone who entered, some great plants.:notwo:

Cheers

Rob
Robert
Cambridgeshire
Collecter of all types of cacti, especially ferocactus BCSS 49595
lenbell
Registered Guest

Post by lenbell »

Another swift post, Hob! I was wearing my Forum, but must have see others members without realizing it. It was good to see such a fine display of plants from what is a fairly small branch.
Len Bell, Born-again Colchester member of the Clacton Branch BCSS; Mesemb Study Group; Mamm Soc & Haworthia Soc.
On the Forum since Sept 2007. Particularly keen on ... Lithops; Adros; Haworthias; Mamms;Lobivias;
Eriosyce; Euphorbias; Astros; Notos; Conos; Aloes; Agaves; Feros; Stenos; Echinocerei; Etc.; Etc.; ...
View a few at: http://picasaweb.google.com/len84bell/
Fellow Forum followers' visitations welcome. Please PM first.
B.A.
BCSS Member
Branch: CORNWALL

Post by B.A. »

Yes nice to catch up with everyone again,congrats to all involved and to all the prize winners.
Ray M,s multi prize winning fockea
[attachment 20053 056.JPG]
Attachments
4RRWRXhpZgAATU0AKgAAAAgACQEPAAIAAAAJAAAIhgEQAAIAAAAQAAAIkAESAAMAAAABAAEAAAExAAIAAAAnAAAIoAEyAAIAAAAUAAAIyAITAAMAAAABAAILAIKYAAIAAAAFAAAI3IdpAAQAAAABAAAI4uocAAcAAAgMAAAAegAAAAAc6gAAAAgAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
4RRWRXhpZgAATU0AKgAAAAgACQEPAAIAAAAJAAAIhgEQAAIAAAAQAAAIkAESAAMAAAABAAEAAAExAAIAAAAnAAAIoAEyAAIAAAAUAAAIyAITAAMAAAABAAILAIKYAAIAAAAFAAAI3IdpAAQAAAABAAAI4uocAAcAAAgMAAAAegAAAAAc6gAAAAgAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA (83.42 KiB) Viewed 1885 times
Bruce
North Essex

Ray_M
BCSS Member
Role within the BCSS: Publications Manager

Post by Ray_M »

Thanks for being so polite Bruce,others were calling it a King Edward with sticks.I shall have to cage it,by the end of the show it had twined itself round a ceropegia belonging to someone else and was chatting it up.rofl:Cheers,Ray.
Ray Mitchell,member of South Norfolk group.living on Suffolk/Norfolk border,near Diss.Keen on all cacti and succulents,alpines and other plants.BCSS member since 07.Visitors welcome,PM first please.