ID please

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Eric Williams
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: SOUTH WALES

ID please

Post by Eric Williams »

IMG_0992.jpeg
IMG_0993.jpeg
IMG_0994.jpeg
. Please could any one I’d these two plants for me. First one is Stap in flower ( please enlarge) that has gone cristate, the second is a Ferro in a twelve inch bowl. Thank you
Herts Mike
BCSS Member
Branch: LEA VALLEY

Re: ID please

Post by Herts Mike »

Huernia keniensis Eric.
Stuart
BCSS Member
Branch: BRISTOL

Post by Stuart »

The Ferocactus is probably Ferocactus Electracanthus though it's probably known by more than one name, along with just about every other plant in the cactus and succulent hobby.

Stuart
RayW
Registered Guest
Branch: None
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by RayW »

Stuart is spot on with the Ferocactus being F. electracanthus and also in it having other names.
The more modern excepted name is Ferocactus histrix but you could also call it Ferocatus melocactiformis the choice is yours Eric.
Ray Woodbridge

Cacti only collection mainly grown from seed.
BCSS member 50155
Eric Williams
BCSS Member
Branch: SOUTH WALES

Post by Eric Williams »

Thanks all for your spot on info.Seeing the names in print brought it all back lol. Also the “ x “at the end of hystrix nudged my memory too. Cheers all
AndrewB
BCSS Member
Branch: GLOUCESTER
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by AndrewB »

It looks like Ferocactus reppenhagenii to me :)
Andrew

Interested in most genera of small to medium ‘globular’ cacti, large flowering Mammillaria, Epiphyllum, Trichocereus, Hildewintera, Cleistocactus etc, small Agaves, Lithops, Titanopsis, Faucaria etc, plus hybridising.